Kathy is an experienced and skilled conference coordinator who understands the needs and challenges of both in-person and virtual professional development conferences and destination retreats.
Since 2010, Kathy has been the conference coordinator for one of the best writers’ conferences in the world (so say our presenters and attendees), the Surrey International Writers’ Conference, siwc.ca, held every October in Surrey, British Columbia, a suburb city of Vancouver. Her strong leadership and organization has contributed to the conference selling out faster every year and maintaining a stellar reputation in the industry.
She has also coordinated SiWC at Sea (SiWC’s mini conference aboard a cruise ship), SiWC at Home (the virtual pandemic version of SiWC), and has been one of the organizers of WXR, the annual Writing Excuses Retreat, for several years.
Contact Kathy to discuss your conference coordination or destination retreat planning needs. While her primary areas of expertise are writing and genealogy events, she is open to organizing conferences and retreats on any topic.
Kathy’s attention to detail brings precision to her vision for big picture planning, which she undertakes with energy, focus, and compassion. Her capacity to leave no stone unturned is outstanding. In the rapidly changing world of conference organizing, it’s rare to meet a leader who aims high, exceeds expectations and all with a gentle smile. Kathy is the real deal: dedicated to results. Renée Sarojini Saklikar, Director, Surrey International Writers’ Conference
- New DigsWelcome to my website. I’ve left some of my very old blog posts here for continuity, but all the non-blog information on these pages is current and up-to-date. As… Continue reading New Digs
- #SiWC17So much going on in my life these days, not least of which is planning for this year’s Surrey International Writers’ Conference. 2017 marks the 25th annual SiWC. We’ve… Continue reading #SiWC17
- SiWC 2015As anyone reading this likely already knows, I have just wrapped up a full year of work that culminated, as it always does, in the gathering of hundreds of… Continue reading SiWC 2015
- Day Job GratitudeAround this time every year, after a couple of months of having every waking minute – and lots of sleeping ones – taken up with my work for the… Continue reading Day Job Gratitude
- Shortlist… checkAfter much discussion and deliberation, we finished the shortlists for the fiction and non-fiction sections of the writing contest at the SiWC, the two categories for which I volunteer… Continue reading Shortlist… check