I’m a bit slow with this one, but my friend Pam at A Novel Woman recently posted this and invited readers to participate, so I decided to give it a shot. And then I forgot all about it until I found myself with a little time today and remembered. Like Pam, I won’t tag anyone, but if you decide to do it, post a comment with a link.
8 TV shows I watch
1. Amazing Race – we watch it as a family, and it’s my favourite.
4. The Office
5. Rick Mercer Report
6. Grey’s Anatomy
7. The Big Bang Theory – we just started checking this one out after accidentally seeing ten minutes of it and laughing through the whole thing
8. Relocation, Relocation – and other British and Canadian HGTV shows
8 favorite places to eat and drink
2. Cuddled up on the couch with my family, watching a show together
3. The Boathouse Restaurant – 3 mustard salmon and garlic mashed potatoes, thank you very much.
4. Pistou Grill, Pender Island – now closed *sniff*
5. The Keg, but only the one closest to my house, which is consistently excellent
6. Moderne, when we feel the need to indulge in excellent burgers and shakes
7. Pajo’s for fish and chips right on the water
8. The lounge at the Sheraton Guildford Hotel every October, for the company and the conversation.
8 things I look forward to
1. Time spent in Victoria and on Pender
2. Returning to Scotland someday.
3. Email from friends
4. Spring blossoms
5. Getting published.
7. Lazy vacation days
8. Blenz dark hot chocolate
8 things I love about winter
1. Rainy nights
2. The rare days when the rain stops and the sun gleams off the snow on the mountains and everyone seems a little giddy from the blue sky
4. A fire in the fireplace
5. Dark mornings
7. Being cosy under my down duvet
8. Snow, when we get some and it falls in big, fat, silent flakes.
8 things on my wish list
1. More time with friends.
2. Days when the words flow effortlessly
3. Succeeding in the work I take on
4. Going to France, Italy, England and Scotland
5. Star Trek Transporters – who needs air travel?
6. Going to NYC
7. Being done with puppy housetraining
8 things I am passionate about (in no particular order)
2. Limiting homework
3. Living in a country where everyone has health care and every couple has an equal right to get married
4. Family history and my Scottish roots
5. The people I care about
7. Giving kids time to be kids
8 things I have learned from the past
1. To trust my instincts about people
2. Consistency is key – true in so many areas
3. Kindred spirits are worth holding onto
4. The golden rule holds that title for a reason
5. A good cry sometimes makes everything better
6. I cannot watch movies that have sad animal stories (okay, so that’s not a life lesson, exactly, but it’s true.)
7. Books are always a worthwhile thing to spend money on (thanks, Mum)
8. Having a good sense of humour will keep you sane
8 things I want/need
1. to laugh every day
2. more hours in the day
3. a good sleep every night
4. to always have a good book on the go (reading AND writing. Why not?)
5. to finish this MS
6. and find an agent
7. a new kitchen and bathrooms (mine are original, circa 1982)
8. to wake up in the morning and find my house has been magically cleaned and tidied.